Disease Prevention and Vaccine Information
The Cook County Health website to sign up for vaccine updates and information about scheduling an appointment is vaccine.cookcountyil.gov. The telephone sign-up hotline is (833) 308-1988. The call center is open Monday through Friday 7:00 A.M.-10:00 P.M., and Saturday 8:00 A.M.-10:00 P.M.
As of Wednesday, May 12, 2021, everyone age 12 and older in Suburban Cook County is eligible to receive one of the three vaccines against COVID-19. The vaccine is free of charge and insurance is not required. Please note that supplies are still limited so it might take a while to get an appointment but supplies are increasing quickly.
Please note, the COVID-19 vaccination process is led by the Cook County Department of Public Health. The Village of Niles government and the Niles Senior Center CANNOT administer COVID-19 vaccines.
Independent of the County vaccine portal and hotline, the following retail pharmacies also offer vaccinations and may or may not have additional appointment availability:
- Jewel-Osco (Albertson's).
- Additional pharmacy partners may have registration for appointments.
Assistance for Homebound Individuals
Cook County Department of Public Health COVID-19 Vaccine Provider Partners are providing in-home COVID-19 vaccinations for suburban Cook County residents who are unable to leave home due to age, disability, or medical impairment.
To be eligible for this program:
- You must live in in the Jurisdiction of CCDPH (all suburban Cook County except for Chicago, Skokie, Evanston, Oak Park, and Stickney). AND:
- Be a senior OR a person with a disability who requires in-home assistance. OR:
- Have to use adaptive equipment (like a ventilator, crutches, a walker, a wheelchair, etc.) and/or accessible transportation to leave home. AND:
- Leaving home is not an option for you because doing so requires considerable and taxing effort.
If you or someone you know fits the criteria, you can sign-up by calling the Vaccine Sign-Up Hotline: 833-308-1988 Monday-Friday 7:00 A.M.-10:00 P.M. and Saturday 8:00 A.M.-10:00 P.M. Visit the Cook County Department of Public Health website for more information on the homebound vaccination program.
After sign-up, you will receive a confirmation email or phone call from one of the Cook County Department of Public Health’s COVID-19 Vaccine Provider Partners to schedule your in-home vaccination when the vaccine is available to you. Please be patient as CCDPH responds to a large number of requests.
Vaccine Information Links
The following are authoritative resources for further information about COVID-19 vaccination:
- Cook County Department of Public Health: https://cookcountypublichealth.org/communicable-diseases/covid-19/covid-vaccine/
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/index.html
- Illinois Department of Public health: https://www.dph.illinois.gov/covid19/vaccination-plan
If you have further questions about COVID-19 vaccination, please contact your doctor or healthcare provider.
Coronavirus Information Links
For current, authoritative information on the novel Coronavirus, visit the following web sites:
Confirmed COVID Cases
According to the Cook County Department of Public Health, as of May 20, 2021, there have been 4006 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Niles, with 225 COVID-related deaths reported by the Cook County Medical Examiner.
The Cook County Department of Public Health and the Cook County Medical Examiner maintain records regarding the number of confirmed COVID-19 cases and deaths, respectively. The Village of Niles does not receive information on overall COVID-19 cases directly, but Village employees will periodically check for updates to include on this page.
To view up-to-date numbers for cases in Niles, please visit the Cook County Department of Public Health’s "COVID-19 Surveillance Data" page, click on "Map," and select "Cumulative Count." To view up-to-date numbers for COVID-related deaths in Niles, please visit the Cook County Medical Examiner's COVID-19 Related Deaths page and select Niles under "Residence City."
Subscribe to Village Information
For the latest updates from the Village of Niles, residents should visit the Village website at www.vniles.com and sign up for emergency alerts and the e-newsletter at www.vniles.com/alert.