Please click on this link for a map of various construction projects:.2022 Construction Project Map
Milwaukee Avenue and Waukegan Road Street Lighting Replacement
New street light poles and fixtures are being installed on Milwaukee Avenue from Albion Avenue to Greenwood Avenue, and on Waukegan Road from Milwaukee Avenue to Main Street.
Foundations and conduit work for the new street lights is underway and will continue throughout the summer and fall. Weather permitting, the project is scheduled for a December, 2021 completion.
Howard Street Improvements
The work on Howard Street is nearing its full completion with only punch list items and restoration still scheduled. Howard Street received a much needed overhaul from Milwaukee Avenue to Lehigh Avenue. Aspects of improvement include water main, utilities, storm sewer, street resurfacing, major safety improvements, bike lanes, lighting, and more. Thank you to all those that have participated in the improvement project, Howard Street Commuters, and most or all our Niles residents.
- Neva Avenue from Harvard Street to Oakton Street
- Seward, Nora & Oakton Court east of Harlem Avenue
- Lyons Street from Callero Drive to Washington Street
- Maryland Street from Loras Lane to Lyons Street
- Courtland Avenue from Lyons Street to North End
- Crain Street from Milwaukee Avenue to Merrill Street
- Merrill Street from Greenleaf Street to Crain Street
- Oriole Avenue from Greenleaf Street to Dempster Street
- Ozark Avenue from Main Street to Greenleaf Street
- Kedzie Street from Ottawa Avenue to Oriole Avenue
- Ottawa Avenue from Kedzie Street to Lee Street
- Oleander Avenue form Kedzie Street to Greenleaf Street
- Main Street from Oleander Avenue to Oketo Avenue
- Nottingham Avenye from Dobson Street to South End
- Fargo Avenue from Waukegan Road to Nordica Avenue
- Neva Street from Birchwood Avenue to Oakton Street
- Alley south of Dempster between Harlem Avenue and Shermer Road
- Alley north of Oakton Street between Merrill Street and Ozanam Avenue.
- Alley north of Grennan Place between Milwaukee Avenue and Ottowa Avenue
- Alleys north of Albion Avenue between Newcastle Avenue and Normandy Avenue
Construction Update Week of May 16, 2022
- Progress Made the Past Week: Continued electrical work near open event space and on southside of Church along north edge of Golf Mill Park. Continued work on permeable paver subbase on Church. Continued curb & gutter and sidewalk work on Church Street between Cumberland and Greenwood. Continued topsoil/seed/parkway restoration on Church, Maryland, Callero and Courtland. Continue stone masonry work around open event space. Completed pavement striping east of Milwaukee on Maryland, Callero and Courtland.
- Anticipated construction for the next week: Work is weather dependent. Continue electrical work near open event space and on southside of Church along north edge of Golf Mill Park. Continue work on permeable paver subbase on Church. Continue curb & gutter and sidewalk work on Church Street between Cumberland and Greenwood. Continue topsoil/seed/parkway restoration on Church, Maryland, Callero and Courtland. Continue stone masonry work around open event space.
- Current road closures and detours: Continue Church Street between Greenwood and Cumberland. Stage detour using Davis. Daily lane closures on Church.
- New road closures or detours expected for the following week: Continue Church Street between Greenwood and Cumberland. Stage detour using Davis. Daily lane closures on Church.
- Road closures that are ending: N/A