Halloween Home Decorating Contest
Halloween Home-Decorating Contest 2021
Halloween is a great neighborhood activity and a long standing tradition for every kid. We want everyone to enjoy the fall weather and have fun decorating their house. Submit your home or nominate a neighbor by 8:00 PM on Sunday, October 24, 2021. Entries will be judged on attractiveness, creativity and scale. Entries will be judged from the curb; judges will not enter private property
Mayor will announce the top homes at the October 26th Board meeting and everyone will be asked to vote for the final winners on Facebook. The top 3 homes with the most Facebook Likes will get 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place! Winners receive a yard sign, gift card ranging from $50-$100 in value to a local business of their choice and of course bragging rights. A map will be available for Halloween weekend so everyone can see nominate homes.
Sunday, October 24 at 8:00 PM
Monday, October 25
Tuesday, October 26 at 7:00 PM
Village Board Meeting
Announcement of Top Nominees
Tuesday, October 26 at 7:00 PM thru Wednesday, October 27 at 7:00 PM
Friday, October 28
Online map available to view all homes over the Halloween weekend
- Entries must be Halloween themed for the general public, no extreme gore or adult themes allowed
- Participation is free and open to all Niles residents.
- Only outdoor decorations on private property, visible from the sidewalk or curb will be considered
- Entries will be judged on attractiveness, creativity and scale. Entries will be judged from the curb; judges will not enter private property
- All decorating must be done by the resident living in the home, not a professional decorator/designer.
- Businesses are not eligible.
- Decorations must comply with Village of Niles ordinances and housing codes.
- The decisions of the judging committee are final. Judges are not eligible to participate.
Nomination forms will be accepted through 7:00 pm on Sunday, October 24, 2021.