Middle School Glow in the Dark Dodgeball Registration
Doors will open at 5:30PM. All players will register at the main entrance.
Every player will receive a t-shirt (to be worn during the event).
All personal belongings are your responsibility. (Niles Family Fitness Center and Niles Teen Center are not responsible for your personal belongings).
No spectators are allowed to stay and watch.
1. Each team will play two three game series that consists of two minutes per game. The team that wins 2 games first, wins the series.
2. The tournament is double elimination.
3. Each team will consist of students of the same grade and different grades, also can be Co-Ed (mixed genders).
4. The games will end when all players are out or whichever team has the most players still in the game at the end of the 2 minute round.
5. If a player gets hit in the head, the player can still remain in the game at the referee’s discretion.
6. If a thrown ball is caught by the opposing team’s player the thrower of the ball is out and a player gets to come back in the game from the team that has caught the ball.
7. The referees have the final decision on all calls during the games. Any arguing with the referees will result in immediate disqualification and sit out of the rest of the series. If arguing persists by an individual player, that player will be disqualified from the tourney and will not be able to continue. No substitutes will be allowed in the disqualified players' absence.
Every player on the winning team will receive a first place trophy. No second place trophies will be distributed.
When, Where, and What time is the event?
Saturday, March 9th, 2024, 6:00PM- 10PM, Niles Family Fitness Center, 987 Civic Center Dive, Niles, IL 60714
Can any middle school student participate?
This event is open to all middle school students. They do not have to be a Niles Teen Center Member.
How much does it cost?
Registration for each individual student is $15.
How do you register?
Registration can be found HERE
Are there walk in registrations the day of the event?
NO. Online registrations only. Deadline is March 3rd.
Do I need a parent permission slip (waiver)?
Yes. During online registration you can check the box and initial that you have read and agree to the waiver for the event.
How many players per team?
There will be 8 players per team (No Substitutions) If there are less than 8 players, teams may be combined.
Will the teams be divided by grade levels?
No. All teams will play other teams regardless of grade level or gender.
Will their be a boy division and a girl division?
No, boys and girls can play on the same team if they wish. All teams will play each other whether boys or girls.
Can I request who I want to play with?
Yes. During the online registration students can choose to play on an established team name that their friends have decided or type in names of teammates they would like to play with. We will try to honor all teammate requests. Students will be placed on their desired team on a first come basis depending when they register. If there are teams that are not a full 8 players, other players maybe added to their team.
Do I get a T- Shirt?
Yes. During online registration each participant can request a T- Shirt size. We will do our best to honor the size requests depending on availability of sizes.
Are parents or non-participating students allowed to come and watch?
There are no spectators allowed in the Niles Fitness Center or the gym to watch the dodgeball games.
Will there be food or drinks provided?
Yes. Drinks, pizza and snacks will be made available for purchase. Cash Only. No food will be allowed in the gym.
If I cannot make it to the event, can I get a refund?
No refunds can be given for this event.