2023 Streets Project
The 2023 Street Program will be finalized as part of the Fiscal Year 2023-2024 Budget Process. This project is expected to be bid in February 2023 with a March 2023 award. The Village Board is currently considering moving forward with an expanded three year program from 2022 to 2025. Current street under consideration for the improvement in 2023 include:
Potential Project Locations (Pending FY 24 budget process and bid prices):
- Oriole Avenue from Howard Steet to Oakton Street
- Mulford Street from Oleander Avenue to Milwaukee Avenue
- Nordica Avenue from Harvard Street to Oakton Street
- New England Avenue from Oakton Street to End
- Keeney Street from Waukegan Road to Caldwell Avenue
- Newland Avenue from Cleveland Street to Madison Street
- Newcastle Avenue from Cleveland Street to Madison Street
- Madison Street from Waukegan Road to Caldwell Avenue
- Peter Terrace from End to Cumberland Avenue
- Grace Avenue from Ballard Road to Davis Street
- Clifton Avenue from Ballard Road to Davis Stret
- Davis Street from Greenwood Avenue to Cumberland Avenue
- Kedzie Street from Neva Avenue to Shermer Road
- Madison Street from Neva Avenue to Shermer Road
- Neva Avenue from Cleveland Street to Kedzie Street
- Alley – Osceola-Oketo Alley from Oakton-Osceola-Keeney-Oketo
- Alley – Oconto-Harlem Alley from Keeney Street to Monroe Street
- Alley – Milwaukee-Ottawa Alley from Kedzie Street to End
- Alley – Main Street South Alleys from Oriole Avenue to Olcott Avenue
Alternates - pending bid competitiveness
- Jonquil Terrace from Waukegan Avenue to End
- Rusch Drive from Newark to End
- Niles Avenue from Harlem Avenue to Shermer Road
Here are some additional information for our residents consideration:
What kind of work will be done?
In general, the project will include:
- Repairs to storm drain inlets and other utilities.
- Removal of existing sidewalk
- Installation of new curb & gutter and sidewalk.
- Removal of all or part of the asphalt pavement.
- Placement of new asphalt pavement.
- Restoration. (Lawn restoration typically includes topsoil and seed).
The existing roadway section with sidewalk directly adjacent to the roadway is not ideal, accelerates deterioration, and creates drainage issues.
The new roadway section will consist of new curb & gutter (1.5’ wide) and sidewalk (5’ wide).
The improvements will extend approximately 2.5’ behind the existing back of sidewalk. In general, the right-of-way is approx. 16’ behind the existing back of sidewalk at most locations in the project limits.
The Village plans to hold an open house on Wednesday January 11th at 5:30 pm at Niles Senior Center (999 Civic Center Drive, Room 127 in order to discuss the improvements and take questions and comments. Additional notification will be sent out.
How can I get more information?
For specific questions or issues, please contact:
Bob Rado, Civil Engineer at:
Village of Niles, Public Works Department
6849 Touhy Avenue, Niles, IL 60714-3174
Phone: (847) 588-7924 Email: email@example.com
Please check back to this page often for more information as the project design progresses