2023 Leaf Pickup Service
The Village of Niles will again offer free leaf pickup service this year to residents. The leaf pickup program runs from October 2nd through December 1st, and is now provided to residents every week according to the following schedule.
Leaf Pickup Day
October 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd and 30th
October 6th, 13th, 20th, and 27th
October 5th, 12th, 19th, and 26th
October 4th, 11th, 18th and 25th
October 3rd, 10th, 17th and 24th
Dates marked with an asterisk (*) differ from the zone's typical day of the week due to a holiday. It is a violation of Village code to dump leaves in the street on dates outside of the above schedule. Landscape services are responsible for removing leaves and cannot dump leaves in the street.
Requirements to Keep in Mind
- Rake leaves into the curb no later than 5:00 A.M. the day of the scheduled pickup.
- Leaves must be free of grass, branches, plants, and rocks. Leaves only!
- Leaves in plastic bags or boxes are not allowed. All leaves must be loose.
- Do not park in the street during leaf collection! Place refuse containers on the house side of the curb. This allows crews to pick up leaves without obstruction.
- Residents choosing to bag their leaves may purchase yard waste stickers ($2 each), and place the sticker on the paper yard waste bag or a 35 gallon garbage can used for disposal and place for Groot collection on their regular garbage pickup day.
Public Works cannot provide additional leaf pickups beyond these dates. Groot will provide yard waste pickup in the first two weeks of December (weeks starting 12/4/22 through 12/15/23) to help wrap up the fall leaf collection season. Leaves must be bagged using 33-gallon yard waste bags, or rigid containers not exceeding 32-gallons in size, for the December pickups. Stickers are required for these special pickups.
Please contact the Public Works Department at 847-588-7900 should you have any questions regarding this service.