Flood Control Assistance Program
Funding is still available to assist residents with flood control costs. Property owners with single family homes as their primary residence can apply for financial assistance from the Village for installation of flood control devices. Funding is available on a first-come, first-serve basis for those who qualify.
The Flood Control Assistance Program consists of two options:
Those homeowners who qualify for the financial assistance and meet all established requirements qualify for a grant totaling 50% of the improvement costs, up to a maximum of $4,000. Previous and/or unapproved installations of flood protection do not qualify for reimbursement.
Basic Eligibility Requirements
- Complete Flood Control Assistance Application form
- Proof of home ownership and occupancy (single family home or multifamily)
- Evidence lateral is functioning properly (for sewer backflow protection)
- Proof of previous sewer backup or overland flooding
- On-site inspection confirmation by village of no interior / exterior plumbing or site code violations
- Three detailed proposals / quotes from licensed / bonded contractors (not recommended until after on-site inspection by village)
If you are interested in applying, please review the Flood Control Assistance Program packet
and fill out a the pre-application