Commercial Refuse and Recycling
The Village of Niles approved a new Commercial, Industrial and Institutional Solid Waste Services Agreement with Groot Industries for the Village's Commercial Refuse and Recycling Program in 2015. The Groot contract is effective January 1, 2016 through December 31, 2025. All commercial, industrial or institutional buildings shall be serviced by the exclusive commercial refuse hauler selected by the Village.
Commercial recycling remains a major program goal for the Village of Niles. The Village encourages businesses to take advantage of the recycling opportunity to possibly further reduce refuse service costs.
For more program details contact Groot Industries at 1-800-244-1977.
There are several benefits to a Commercial Solid Waste Franchise agreement in the Village of Niles:
- Uniform pricing
- Businesses charged less for same service
- No Fuel Recovery Fees or other surcharges that add over 20% to the base service cost
- Predictable escalators tied to the Consumer Price Index
- Free 95 gallon recycling cart for every business
- Reduced recycling fee schedule that will further reduce refuse collection cost
- Increased community recycling
- Village oversight and monitoring to ensure service quality
- Reduced number of trucks on Village streets and alleys reducing wear and tear
- Reduced emissions and diesel particulates in the air
- Groot employs eleven compressed natural gas (CNG) trucks in Niles
- More control over public health, safety, and welfare issues
- Provides for liquidated damages for violations of ordinances and missed pickups
- Strike cost recovery provisions
If you have any questions regarding this program, contact Franchise Account Manager Brian Koppen at 800-244-1977 (x 6241) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember to ask about improving cost efficiencies through the free basic recycling program, as well as the reduced rates for recycling services. You may also visit the Groot Industries website www.groot.com.
Effective January 1, the Village refuse franchise program with Groot Industries, Inc., requires all permanent and temporary roll-off dumpsters to be provided through Groot.
Whether you are a resident who is remodeling or cleaning out your residence or a contractor at a construction site (commercial or residential), Groot must be contracted for waste removal.
Groot provides all the standard "open top" dumpsters and all sizes of compactor roll-off services. For delivery of a roll-off dumpster, please contact Groot's roll-off department at 800-244-1977.
If any dumpster other than a Groot dumpster is being used at a site, a citation may be issued by Code Enforcement, which requires an appearance before the Village Adjudication Hearing Officer. If you have been issued a citation for this, please contact the Village Legal Department at 847-588-8010.
For more information, please refer to these documents: