Starting August 11, 2019, the Pulse Milwaukee Line is in service along with corresponding changes to Route 270.
Introducing Pulse Milwaukee Line
Pulse is designed to provide fast, frequent and reliable bus service in heavily traveled corridors of suburban Chicagoland. With the first line on Milwaukee Avenue Pulse will differ from regular fixed route bus service in quite a few ways:
- Raised boarding platform - 12" highers than the adjacent street pavement - to facilitate easier boarding
- Vehicles equipped with wi-fi and other technological advancements
- Easy-to-find ADA-accessible heated shelters for weather protection with seating, bicycle racks and landscaping.
- Pulse buses are equipped with bike racks
- Vertical markers with real-time bus arrival signage and area maps
The Milwaukee Line is 7.6 miles in length and serves the Village of Niles and the City of Chicago (as of August 11, some stations are still under construction and temporary stations are being used). The service operates in mixed traffic along Milwaukee Avenue between the Golf Mill Shopping Center and the Jefferson Park Transit Center.
Pace Route 270
The Pulse Milwaukee Line does not
replace Route 270 but it does complement the 270 route by providing amenities at the most popular boarding locations between Golf Mill Shopping Center and the Jefferson Park Transit Center in Chicago. Pace anticipates that many Route 270 riders will use the Milwaukee Line, and as such, the frequency of service on Route 270 has been reduced, effective August 11, 2019. Pace Route 270 buses run approximately every 60 minutes Monday through Friday from 6:00 a.m. to 9:45 p.m. and on weekends from 6:05 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Pulse Milwaukee Line Schedule
Pulse Launch Newsletter July 2019
Visit Pace's Website
to learn more.