From the Village of Niles
For Immediate ReleaseContact:
Bernadette Knapik-FishPh: 847-588-6800
October 11, 2010
The Village of Niles “Where People Count” and Hunger Takes a Holiday
In the true spirit of giving, Village of Niles employees, Citibank, Parkway Bank, First Merit, and First American Bank are partnering together for a food drive to ensure that no person in Niles goes hungry this Thanksgiving and holiday season. Our need is greater this year than ever before.
As more families struggle to make ends meet, Village of Niles employees and businesses are stepping up to help feed the hungry. You can help right here in your own community and together we can ensure that none of our neighbors go hungry.
All Village buildings, Citibank, Parkway Bank, First Merit and First American Bank will be participating in the food drive and donations by the public are deeply appreciated and can be made at any of the locations listed below. We are calling upon our employees, businesses and residents to step up, give back and provide valuable assistance to people in need right here in Niles. Niles Family Services states that over 180 families have received assistance in recent months and the need continues to grow. Demand for assistance is rising due to unemployment, high food prices, and utilities and a troubled economy.
This community effort will be held from November 1 through December 17, 2010.
Donations of non-perishable food items can be dropped off at any of the following locations:
- Village Hall 1000 Civic Center Drive
- Family Services and Senior Center 999 Civic Center Drive
- Niles Fitness Center 987 Civic Center Drive
- Niles Fire Department 8360 W. Dempster
- Niles Police Department 7000 W. Touhy Avenue
- Niles Public Works 6849 Touhy Avenue
- Niles Teen Center 373 Golf Mill Center
- Citibank 8400 W. Dempster
- Parkway Bank and Trust 7601 N .Milwaukee Avenue
- First Merit Bank 8720 W. Dempster
- First American Bank 7747 Waukegan Road