Village of Niles Seeks Qualified Candidate to
Serve as Local Liquor Commissioner
The Village Board of Trustees is seeking a qualified candidate for the appointment of Local Liquor Commissioner. The following criteria are required for consideration:
- Shall be an attorney with an active license to practice law in the State of Illinois.
- Shall not legally represent liquor license applicants or holders before the jurisdiction over which he or she presides as local liquor control commissioner or before an adjacent jurisdiction.
- Shall not have an interest in the manufacture, sale, or distribution of alcoholic liquor.
- Shall not be appointed to a term to exceed the term of the Village President, or members of the Board of Trustees.
- Hospitality experience preferred.
The Local Liquor Commissioner shall have such duties and powers as set forth under Chapter 6 Alcoholic Beverages and under the State Liquor Control Act of 1934 (235 ILCS 5/1-1 et seq.), as amended. The annual salary of the Local Liquor Commissioner is $12,000 as budgeted.
Please send your letter of interest and resume to:
Village of Niles
Attn: Marlene Victorine, Village Clerk
1000 Civic Center Dr.
Niles, Illinois 60714
All submittals must be received by Thursday, February 20, 2020, by 5:00 p.m.
Upon review by the Nominating Committee, candidates will be contacted for interviews. The most qualified candidate for the position of Local Liquor Commissioner will be appointed at the next regularly scheduled Board meeting.
For questions please contact Village Attorney Danielle Grcic (email@example.com or 847-588-8007) or Assistant to the Village Manager Kathy Thake (firstname.lastname@example.org or 847-588-8006).