“Be Alarmed” - Smoke Alarm Installation Program
Beginning, February 23, 2021, the Niles Fire Department is proud to offer the “Be Alarmed” initiative in cooperation with IFSA (Illinois Fire Safety Alliance) and OSFM (Office of the State Fire Marshal). This is a program for fire safety education and smoke alarm installation. The program provides free smoke detectors and installation for eligible residents. The Fire Department provides one detector for each bedroom and basement.
· If you own a residence and reside in the Village of Niles, you are eligible for the program.
· Fire personnel will determine if your current smoke alarm is in need of replacement.
· Installation will be performed by uniformed personnel (as time permits).
· You will be asked to sign an “Installation Liability Waiver” and “Installation Survey” prior to your smoke alarm installation.
· Under no circumstances will a smoke alarm be given out for homeowners to install on their own.
· O-N-L-Y installed and properly documented smoke alarms will be distributed.
To schedule an installation or for more information regarding our exciting “Be Alarmed” program, contact the Niles Fire Department at 847-588-6800.