With the first significant snow of the year behind us and the potential for more snow this weekend, here are some important reminders from Niles Public Works:
- Slow down when driving in snow and ice.
- Leave extra room around plow trucks when driving.
- Park off of the street (in your garage or driveway) whenever possible during snow storms.
- Observe posted snow routes. Parking is not allowed on these streets after a one-inch snowfall until plowing is completed. This rule applies even on holidays. Violators will receive a citation from the Niles Police Department.
- Blowing snow can significantly reduce visibility. Avoid driving in these conditions whenever possible.
- Following these guidelines helps Public Works do their job efficiently, and also allows emergency vehicles to travel safely through town.
Want to learn more about Niles Public Works’ snow and ice operations, including procedures and street prioritization? Visit our website: https://vniles.com/179/Snow-Ice
Watch a video about Niles snow and ice removal on YouTube at the following link: https://youtu.be/NfvKAeBZmJ8