Extremely hot temperatures are expected in the forecast for the Niles area. During extreme heat, the Village of Niles Human Services and Family Fitness Center building is available as a cooling center during regular business hours. The building’s schedule is as follows:
- Niles Senior Center (999 Civic Center Drive – Entrance marked “Niles Human Services”)
- Monday through Friday from 8:30 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
- Niles Family Fitness Center (987 Civic Center Drive – Entrance marked “Niles Family Fitness Center”)
- Monday through Thursday 5:30 A.M. to 9:30 P.M.
- Friday 5:30 A.M. to 8:00 P.M.
- Saturday and Sunday 7:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.
After business hours, residents needing assistance are encouraged to contact the Niles Family Services Department by calling (847) 588-8460 and asking to speak with a Crisis Worker for additional support. Please tune to local media for the latest weather alerts and forecasts. You can help your community by checking on neighbors you know who may need extra assistance or be vulnerable in these conditions.