The Village approved a Commercial Waste Contract with Groot Industries for the Village's Commercial Refuse and Recycling Program. The Groot contract expires August 30, 2017.
Commercial recycling remains a major program goal. The village encourages businesses to take advantage of the recycling opportunity to possibly further reduce refuse service costs.
For more program details contact Groot Industries at 800-244-1977 or visit their website.
The benefits of a Commercial Solid Waste Franchise in the Village of Niles:
Free Basic Commercial Recycling Program FlyerFrequently Asked QuestionsCommercial Franchise OrdinancePricing Sheet (Matrix) Updated for 5/01/2013Solid Waste Services Agreement with Groot
- Uniform pricing.
- Businesses charged less for same service.
- No Fuel Recovery Fees or other surcharges that add over 20% to the base service cost.
- Predictable escalators tied to the Consumer Price Index.
- Free 95 gallon recycling cart for every business.
- Reduced recycling fee schedule that will further reduce refuse collection cost.
- Increased community recycling.
- Village oversight and monitoring to ensure service quality.
- Reduced number of trucks on village streets and alleys reducing wear and tear.
- Reduced emissions and diesel particulates in the air.
- Groot employs eleven compressed natural gas (CNG) trucks in Niles.
- More control over public health, safety, and welfare issues.
- Provides for liquidated damages for violations of ordinances and missed pickups.
- Strike cost recovery provisions.
If you have any questions regarding this program, contact Franchise Account Manager Brian Koppen at 800-244-1977, ext. 241. Remember to ask about improving cost efficiency through the free basic recycling program, as well as the reduced rates for recycling services. You may also visit the Groot Industries.