How do you settle a case?

The Village Prosecutor will be at hearing and has the authority to enter into settlement agreements.  By entering into a settlement agreement, you may receive lower fines, extended time to remedy any violation or receive deferred prosecution.  If you reach an agreement with the Village Prosecutor, you will have waived your right to proceed to a hearing and challenge the allegations set forth in the citation.

Show All Answers

1. What is Administrative Adjudication?
2. Why was I issued a complaint/ticket?
3. What do I do if I receive a citation?
4. Do I need to attend the hearing?
5. What should I bring to my hearing?
6. What do I do when I arrive for my hearing?
7. Who may participate in the hearing?
8. How do you settle a case?
9. How is the hearing conducted?
10. What if I am found liable?
11. What if I am found not liable?
12. What if either side disagrees with the Judge’s decision?
13. What happens if a citation is ignored or you fail to appear?
14. What can I do about a default judgment?
15. What happens if someone does not comply with the Judge’s order?
16. How can I pay a fine?